Isolation, loneliness and depression can affect your loved ones health as well as your own. And while we all understand that we must self-isolate, social distance and follow new policies due to the Coronavirus pandemic it is still important to stay connected with your loved ones during this time. Isolation can also be hard on one’s spirit. This is why it is so important to make an extra effort to respond to a loved one’s loneliness and need for connection.
What are some ways you are connecting with your loved one?
Below we have listed a few tips to stay connected:
- You can send a card or a letter to your loved one.
- You can call your loved one on the telephone. Talk about your favorite memories, stories and share updates about other family members.
- You can send care packages--- Items your loved one is in need of or something special.
- You can send a post card or photos to your loved one.(It’s nice to include names on the photos so they can visualize who each person is.)
- You can arrange a window visit with your loved one. (Good for more than 1 visitor at a time).
- You can arrange a 30 minute lobby visit with your loved one. (For one visitor at a time & you must wear a mask).
- You can record a video that staff can play for your loved one.
- Arrange virtual visits with your loved one to see other family members during your lobby visits. (FaceTime, Skype and other video services on your cell phones work great).
- Arrange a outside/porch visit, still following proper precautions. (One visitor and must be wearing a mask).
- Encourage children you know to draw pictures and write notes to send to your loved one.
Sensations Memory Care Residence encourages all our staff to take an extra minute to connect with our loved ones daily to help them feel loved, appreciated & extra special. We also encourage participation in our activity program. Staying active and keeping busy help keep spirits high. It can and does make all the difference!
If you have any questions or would like to set up a visit please call administration at 517-543-8101. We look forward to seeing our Sensational families and friends connect with loved ones!
Sensations prides itself on being a safe facility that specializes in dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Each of Sensations’ design elements ensures safety and security for our residents. If you have a loved one who has been diagnosed with memory impairment and are looking for information, please feel free to call us at (517) 543-8101. Our office hours are Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.